Going natural is a process, from not knowing what to do, not knowing what products to buy, to not knowing how to take care of your tresses. Here are a few helpful tips to help you on your natural hair care journey.
HairAfare Tips for Natural Healthy Hair
- Choose hair products wisely. Always make sure to read the ingredients, so you know what you are putting in your hair.
- Lay off the heat as much as you can. Remember, heat is NOT your friend!
- Sleep with a silk scarf, bonnet, or pillowcase. This will minimize the damage done to your hair.
- Trim ends regularly. Depending on how fast your hair grows, every 2-3 months is a good start.
- Develop a healthy hair routine that includes shampooing, conditioning, deep conditioning, treatments, and masks. (Masks are optional depending on the condition of your hair)
- Deep condition regularly. Whether you choose to use masks and treatments is optional, but deep conditioning should definitely be a part of your routine.
- Scalp massages help with the blood flow circulation to your scalp and are also a good way to assist in hair growth.
- Taking hair vitamins can assist in growing your hair strong and healthy.
- Comb your hair starting from the ends and work your way up to the roots. This will help prevent breakage.
- Use product “cocktailing” to moisturize and hydrate hair.
- Use a diffuser when drying hair to even out your curl pattern and add body.
- Use elastic bands to secure hair instead of rubber bands to reduce breakage.
- Remember transitioning to natural hair does not happen overnight. Take your time, be patient, and don’t get frustrated. Learn to love your tresses.
I hope these diffusing tips help you on your journey. I hope to see you again soon